El Salvador: July 6-9, 2021
July 6-9, 2021
Maximum of 12
$900/person + airfare
We invite you to join Convoy of Hope on this unique experience designed to share how our Children’s Feeding programs, Women’s Empowerment and Agricultural Initiatives are producing transformational change all across El Salvador.
About This Trip
Journey with us to San Salvador, El Salvador, where Convoy of Hope is feeding more than 22,700 children per day at 141 different feeding locations. Through this program we are also able to train people in proper hygiene and techniques for the use of potable water.
On this trip, you will visit our feeding locations as well as have the opportunity to see our Agricultural Initiatives in action, where we are planting gardens in schools and training children in entrepreneurship programs. In 2017, we trained 507 new individuals in agricultural practices.
You will also meet women enrolled in our Women’s Empowerment Initiative which assists impoverished women and single mothers by providing vocational training, business training and start-up capital so they can start their own businesses. Last year we had 23 new participants in this program and lives were changed forever. These women can now provide for their family and their children are no longer hungry.
We look forward to introducing you to our in-country partners and the women, children and families we are helping in El Salvador. It will be a journey you’ll never forget.
- Accommodations (based on double occupancy)
- Clean water
- In-country transportation
- Insurance (medical insurance that covers issues which may occur on the trip, including medical evacuations)
- Opportunities to connect with cultural and local points of interest
- A Convoy of Hope staff member
- In-house travel agent
- Administrative assistance from our office
- Airfare is NOT included in the price. Round-trip airfare to San Salvador must be booked through Convoy of Hope.
- There is an additional $300 fee for a single room. All accommodations are based on double occupancy.
|Monday, 7/6||Team arrives in San Salvador // Team Orientation // Overnight at Crowne Plaza San Salvador|
|Tuesday, 7/7||Visit warehouse and Children’s Feeding schools|
|Wednesday, 7/8||Visit Women’s Empowerment participants and Women’s Empowerment businesses|
|Thursday, 7/9||Team Departs San Salvador and arrives in the U.S.|